Thursday, September 26, 2013

AUTUMN IS HERE!

"Herfstkleuren" by Dick Muddle from Wikimedia Commons
The trees are starting to turn, and last night I had that "first frost" feeling as I climbed into bed that made me seriously consider rechecking all the windows and curtains versus staying invested in my warming, blanketed cocoon.

But there was no denying this morning that the turn of seasons is well under way and no longer just lurking.

So I thought I would drag out an old favorite to take us into the season ... Christina Rosetti's Goblin Market. It bridges the transition from harvest to "spookable" October quite nicely, and contains one of my favorite poetic sequences which I always think of as "the Fruit Orgy."

I recorded the entire poem in parts last year ... it's a bit of a trial to read, and even harder to edit as the poem is full of tough plosive words and phrases.  Even with professional equipment it was a challenge, but totally worth it.

CLICK HERE for The Goblin Market ~ Part 1
CLICK HERE for The Goblin Market ~ Part 2
CLICK HERE for The Goblin Market ~ Part 3
CLICK HERE for The Goblin Market ~ Part 4
CLICK HERE for The Goblin Market ~ Part 5 

NOTE: As always, Audio Clips offered freely, but tips of appreciation are always accepted.  We are, after all, a struggling artist and author.  Many Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment