Tuesday, January 29, 2019

OH THAT INSISTENT CRESCENT MOON! ~ New Poem


Fantasy Art Winter Moon, Public Domain, publicdomainpictures.net

Lunacy
by Judith Cullen
© 2019

The poem was waiting when I awoke
curtains reflecting the night's depth,
a beckoning glow through many folds
of lunar transit shifting soundlessly
from one to the other window.

What if I cast back the drapes, letting
the moonlight shine on my skin
as it drinks its way across the stars;
elixir of imagination, natural magic
conveyed in airborne beams.

What if I moved beyond the confines
of this definition, and that certitude;
allowing myself to drift without limits,
absorbing the languid enchantment of
a clear winter sky at three in the morning.

##

2 comments:

  1. OH! I love it. I want a part 2 which compels you to do it. I want to know what happens once you allow yourself to move beyond the confines... more please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really like the poetry you are doing now. something very true-feeling in this one.

    ReplyDelete