Tuesday, August 25, 2015

HAIKU/POEM: FeelingTall

Awareness of Tall
By Judith Cullen
© 2015

I know I am not
but sometimes it seems I am
and the world changes

Standing in the dawn
a sudden sensation
the world realigns

A mere moment this
consciousness of stretching up
shoulders back, head high

Fancying I see
the tops never in my view
spine reaching skyward

Like Alice it seems
the world shrinks all around me
old life is tiny

The instant is gone
that familiarity
the usual scale

It all returns now
with a disappointing shock
I fit into life

I know I am not
but sometimes it seems I am
and the world changes

What would it be like
sustaining that awareness
life filling with "tall"


##

1 comment:

  1. Take a peep at this if you have a moment - a flutter of consciousness wonderfully captured as a Haiku.

    ReplyDelete