Thursday, October 11, 2012

OCTOBER 11: "A Dream Within A Dream" by Edgar Allan Poe



By Cris Vector on Deviant Art
 
More Poe! More Poe! More Poe! 

It is inevitable that I would post this Poe-em.  The author is destined forever to be associated with the month of October, and this is one of my favorites.  I looked through my "Complete Works of..." and found any number of candidates for today, but they were all bleaker than this (GASP!).  They were not quite the Poe I am ready to deal with today.

Later in the month, I may lay down some of the short stories as daily posts.  They are longer than I would prefer, most running about 15-18 minutes.  But if you would like to hear me read The Tell Tale Heart, Masque of the Red Death, or The Cask of Amontillado perhaps, leave a comment! Screaming optional.

A Dream Within A Dream (Poem) by Edgar Allan Poe

Recording (c) Judith Cullen 2012
NOT for Commerical Use

No comments:

Post a Comment