Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Drabble! Drabble! Drabble!


Photo Courtesy of Crap Mariner - 100W Story PoohBah
 Wikipedia defines it thus: "A drabble is an extremely short work of fiction of exactly one hundred words in length, not necessarily including the title. The purpose of the drabble is brevity, testing the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space."

I have been dabbling with drabbling the last month or so through my friend Laurence Simon's 100 Word Story Podcast and his Sunday Weekly Challenge.  He doesn't get his knickers in a bunch about it being exactly 100 words.  But those of you who have been on the receiving end of one of my more epic emails know that brevity is a very good exercise for me.  I have enjoyed the creative economy of it.

Here are three of my Weekly Challenge submissions.  Click on the key word and follow the link to hear the audio clip.  Enjoy!
(c) Judith Cullen 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment